The Case Studies are based on details as narrated by the acid burn survivors. As such Depilex Smileagain Foundation is not accountable for the credibility of the incidents
Deeba is a 26 year old woman and lives in Rawalpindi. It was February 2015 when the incident occurred to her. She was in her room sitting near the heater. The water was boiling on the heater as there was no stove at her home. As she turned her back to take something, her shirt caught fire. Her back was burnt badly. She was taken to Gujar Khan Civil hospital for initial emergency treatment and later shifted to CMH Rawalpindi. She has not undergone any surgery. She registered with DSF in March 2016. She belongs to a very poor family.